Restoration

Tremont House Restoration

below are a few of the recent projects restoring the tremont house

 

In 2002, the Bellevue Historical Society purchased The Tremont House at 101 E. Main Street (formerly Leanard's Pharmacy).  Since then, much work as been done to stabilize and reinforce the building. Much of this work as not been visible to passerby, but the work was necessary.  Eventually, The Tremont House will house the Society's sollection of Bellevue artifacts and memorabilia and be opened as a museum.  During the constraction process, most of these items have been placed in storage.

At last, the Society is proceeding with a big phase of the renovation - the restoration of the facade to it's orginal 1846 appearance.  The second and thrid floor porches will be restored, all windows will be replaced with 6-over-6 paned windows like the originals and, most difficult and eye opening of all, the first floor facade will be restored to it's original configuration.  Permier Construction of Norwalk has been contracted for this work and architect John Feick of Sandusky is doing the drawings needed for necessary approvals.

Coming Events

Event Sponsorship Forms

Chicken Dinner Drive-Thru Fundraiser

September 27, 2020

Below you will find information about sponsorships to this great Bellevue community event !

2020 Chicken Dinner Drive-Thru Fundraiser Sponsorship Letter